Bachelor of Arts with a major in Interactivity and Games
View course for international students.
An Arts degree is designed by you, with over forty disciplines to focus your study.
Gain highly developed communications skills, develop critical analysis and creative problem solving while studying the disciplines that interest you most.
The major in interactivity and games complements the traditional understanding of media with the practical use of interactive technology. Today, people expect interactivity in all forms of media.
You will gain:
- basic production skills in videogames, interactive websites, modelling and animation, sound and audio, and non-linear storytelling
- a critical understanding of these areas.
The program covers interactive media, including the web and games, from a technical and a theoretical perspective. Graduates will be valued members of any development team.
- Teaching staff are widely published academics, professional IT experts and award-winning media producers – including many with industry experience.
- Media and computing facilities are the highest quality in Australia: professional studio spaces, industry-standard digital workstations for all production areas, specially equipped computer labs and digital production tools.
- Gain skills in technical production, and awareness of the cultural and social impacts and influences on design work.
North Ryde (Sydney)
Students wanting to understand gaming and interactivity from both a technical and theoretical perspective.
Course fee - Commonwealth supported students
Bachelor of Arts with a major in Interactivity and Games: AUD $6250 p.a.
Student amenities fee
Information on the Student services and amenities fee
English language requirements
English proficiency requirements (176 Kb).
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
What you will study
|Degree requirements||Credit Points|
|Minimum number of credit points for the degree||69|
|Minimum number of credit points at 200 level or above||39|
|Minimum number of credit points at 300 level or above||18|
|Completion of a Qualifying Major for the Bachelor of Arts|
|Completion of a designated People unit|
|Completion of a designated Planet unit|
The following outlines the units (subjects) to be studied within this major
|100 level||Credit Points|
|Required||COMP115||Introduction to Computer Science||3|
|Required||MAS110||Introduction to Digital Media||3|
|Required||either||COMP111||Introduction to Video Games (3)|
|or||MAS111||Introduction to Video Games (3)||3|
|200 level||Credit Points|
|Required||either||MAS202||Screenwriting: An Introduction (3)|
|or||MAS241||Interactive Web Design (3)||3|
|300 level||Credit Points|
|Required||MECO319||Modelling and Animation||3|
|Required||MECO329||Critical Games Studies||3|
|Required||3cp from||MAS314||Screenwriting: Images, Ideas, Stories (3)|
|MAS340||Advanced Interactivity (3)|
|MMCS330||Movement, Screen and Digital Culture (3)|
|MUS302||Sound, Image and Interactive Media (3)||3|
|Total credit points required to satisfy this major||30|
- Units marked with a C are Capstone units.
- The course information contained on this page is applicable for 2013 ONLY.
For more information please read the courses disclaimer.